AFM Class of 2012 – PHOTO (updated)

Posted: 7th September 2012 by GoGo in RACE STORIES - 2012

AFM Class of 2012 Photo
September 1, 2012

*UPDATE:    SALE – prices are now 20% off original pricing, plus 50% off shipping!

In all my years racing no matter the club, the track or the coast, the most consistent thing I’ve heard and also spoke is, “It’s the people in racing that I love the most.”   So, finally, in the spirit of this ever-present theme I am happy to present to you – for yourself, for your kids, for your friends and for history – the AFM CLass of 2012 Photo.

Thank you everyone for showing up Saturday afternoon.  Pretty rewarding experience.  Quite thankfully I am happy to report to you we nailed the shot!  Turns out 335 people made it into the photo – from the fastest of our racers, to the tiniest of our toddlers.  And then Berto.  It’s pretty entertaining seeing us all together in one shot.  The final product is astonishing to see in print.

AFM Class of 2012, photo by Eric “GoGo” Gulbransen

CLICK/SCROLL/ZOOM IMAGE

In the interest of helping support the people we both love AND can’t race without, 25% of the proceeds from the sales of these images goes straight toward our AFM Worker Fund.  Order your pic, support our friends, own your contribution to AFM history.

All prints produced with state of the art Epson Ultrachrome HDR archival inks, on heavy duty Premium High Gloss 250-gsm paper, at photo-lab quality resolution.  If you would like to order multiple prints please contact me and I will save you shipping fees – GoGo at Gotagteam.com    If you have special requests for sizes not listed here, or if you would like this image in Black and White, do not hesitate to ask.

The larger this image is printed the more impressive it is.  Plus it’s more fun to play “Where’s Wally?”, so be cheap yesterday and then again tomorrow – but don’t be cheap today.  Trust me, you’ll be very happy with this one of a kind picture.

Special thanks for supporting this project and the AFM with your orders!  So far (10/5/12) we have sold 18 prints, and raised $303 for the AFM Worker Fund:

Bill Skadsen
Mark McKinney
Jonathan Forman
Rory Kamper
Alan Cunningham
Nita Ihly
Aaron Turner

Order your prints and have them shipped to you  —————- OR ————— Pick up your prints in person!

Barb Smith, “Please tell me that wasn’t my number I just heard over the PA”,
& “Where’s Wally?”

Chris “Simmer down I’m bigger than both of you put together” Van Andel,
& Joy “I’m faster than half the boys here” Higa

Gary Rather “what the hell am I doing in FRONT of a camera?”,
& Gerry Piazza “I can straighten anything, even you.”

1. GoGo says:

Someone please order the big one, I want to see this image HUGE!!

2. GoGo says:

We can work any number of options out as far as “pick up” goes, Sean. I am in Palo Alto, you can come here. I can leave it at Cal Moto Livermore, you can pick it up there. I’ll be at Thunderhill, you can pick it up there. Etc. etc.

I have yet to print the big one out. I’ve only printed the 8X80 and smaller so far, which is actually cropped down from it’s native size of 102″. I chose to offer the big one at 10X96 because Gator Board (great for mounting) comes in 4X8 sheets. I am dying to see this image printed out in the big size. Amazing camera + state of the art printer = incredible results.

3. Dawn says:

ok. here I am…

4. Brian Rossy says:

Looks amazing! I’ve never seen anything like this. Can you do a B&W version? I love B&W.

5. Charles says:

Hey GoGo.
    I work for a printing company so all I need is a digital file….. how much?

6. GoGo says:

Brian, sure thing on the B&W. Just let me know size and I’ll take care of it.

Charles, sorry, I mean no disrespect but the only way I’m offering this image is in print. Any size, paper, color, canvas – whatever. But printed. I’m sure you understand.

Thanks for checking out the image guys!

7. ms. enthusiasm says:

magnificent idea! I love the way you’ve put it all together. racers with a passion! you’re my Renaissance Man, Eric. I love ya…………………..Mom

8. Ben Swiggett says:

Ordered a pic — terrific — just perfect for a wall in the house.
    Can you bring it to this coming weekend’s last AFM race? I’ll stop by to pickup. Neglected to indicate as much on paypal. Thanks — see you #83

9. GoGo says:

Awesome Ben. Thanks for the purchase. You will love it. Yes I will bring it to the track for you, no worries. See you then!

GoGo

10. Mark says:

Order placed. The 80″ will work great on the office wall! See ya this weekend.

Mark

11. GW says:

Anyone there?

Nearly 3 months with no update.

Anything to report? 2013 Plans? Update on the RC8?

12. GoGo says:

Good point. I’ll put a piece together soon. Plenty of activity going on in the background, thanks for the poke ..! :-)

13. GW says:

Updates duuuuuudde? It’s nearly go time. Any plans for thise season?

You must be logged in to post a comment.