VIDEO – training on Page Mill Hill

Posted: 16th February 2012 by GoGo in RACE STORIES - 2012

I hear Troy Bayliss is a world class cyclist, Ben Bostrom handed Lance Armstrong his ass on a mountain bike, and just about everyone in the AFM rides a roadbike.  Well I don’t have a roadbike, I’ve never seen Lance Armstrong, and I don’t even want to talk about racing Troy Bayliss on anything other than a bench – but I do like to ride my Epic.  It’s heavy, not really a roadbike, and real roadies out there hate me because of it.  But it does do wonders for my ass in a bikini.  If you live local, come ride the Mill.  I’m not interested in racing, up yet.  But I’d consider racing down…  :-)

1. Larry says:

Thrilling ride. Hope you scout the route for pot holes on your next run. And watch out for the BMW’s coming up behind you if they can catch you. LOL
    I’ll pass this on to son Steve who is into the same rides in Boulder, CO. You two should get together and tear up and down the mountains.
    Go for it and stay safe.

2. Ben says:

My specialized! Oh I loved that bike, so sad it was stolen… you seem like a rowdy downhill, hehe. Good on ya dude, keep it real.

• GoGo says:

Yea dude I love my Epic. By now I have another mountain bike, and I have a real road bike on the way. But this Epic I will never get rid of. So many miles on it the cranks are worn shiny, it’s had four chains, forks rebuilt twice, two sets of wheels, and on and on. And yes, it’s a demon downhill. Much faster than a road bike in the twisties, thanks to the suspension. This is the one place this bike has an advantage. Other than downhill it’s pretty painful as a roadbike.. :-)

3. rc211v says:

Hey,

I couldn’t help to chuckle watching you descend all the way down… I wonder if I can even keep up with ya going down(?!?), & I happen to LOVE going down!! That looked way FUN… I guess I have to finish up a certain project to see Mill Hill “The Sequel”- – -Btw, Kudo’s to the video person too.

4. Vinny says:

Nice! Let me know when you want to get the mountain bike on a mountain! Water Dog Lake area in Belmont is a fantastic area to get lost for a few hours. You want to see twisties? Check out Finch Trail, Belmont.

Track days aren’t in the cards at the moment but who says I can’t still have fun on the ’99 Stump Jumper FSC Pro?! ;P

5. BKiddo says:

The fastest girl on a bike goes down “page mill hill” in 13 minutes. What’s the hold up?

6. GoGo says:

I must confess I’ve never actually timed myself going down. Only up. The up time was accurate – personal best on that bike. The down time was entirely a guess. Most likely I’m a lot slower. That’s why I don’t ride with girls…

7. Chris says:

Loved watchin you pass those cars. Actually laughed out loud! Is that the bike with the clicking front brakes last month? I don’t think I broke it did I?

You must be logged in to post a comment.